Your home to the greatest 360 videos
WHAT IS 360 VIDEO?
360 videos are recordings where a view in every direction is recorded at the same time , allowing viewers to not only watch an experience from any point of view, but also immerse themselves in this experience with a VR headset. After the multi lens camera captures every point of view simultaneously, the footage is then stitched together into one 360 video. For film makers, documentary makers, news crews and live events, we can now capture a full moment in time, changing the possibilities of video content production forever.
“SF360” is home to 360 videos sent from around the world for SF3. Short films, amazing locations and life’s simplest moments created in 360 so you can experience each moment as if you were there.
This new medium has specific requirements to give the viewer the best experience. These factors will be taken into account when assessing entries:
- Resolution: Minimum 3840 x 1920 output (is recommended) but we will accept all resolutions
- Steadiness: All 360 video camerawork must be as steady as possible
- Production value: Lighting and sound
- Locations: Unique
- Narrative: Creative camera uses; innovative storytelling, etc
The rules for our 360 and VR competition are as follows:
- The film must be shot entirely on a smartphone, tablet or 360 camera.
- Films must be no longer than 20 minutes including titles and credits. There is however some leeway for exceptional videos.
- All scripts and ideas must be your original material.
- Copyright material can only be used if you have written permission to do so.
- You can use any software to edit your video and audio
- You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
- You can use external microphones, wide-angle lenses, lighting, tripods, etc.
- Your film must meet all the terms and conditions of the festival to be eligible.
- Your film can be on any genre or subject matter, and you can enter as many films as you like.
The submission deadline for the SmartFone Flick Fest is 11:49PM AEST by September 1st, 2023.
How to Enter SF3
A selection of products, apps, memberships and mentorships from our amazing sponsors and partners from a collective prize pool worth in excess of $50,000 across our festival. This prize pool is shared across our festival and awards.
360 YouTube videos for your inspiration
Trevor Wesley: Chivalry is dead (music clip)
10 years of horror nights
The fight in Falluja
Aviici: waiting for love (music clip)
360 camera in places never seen
Journey to the edge of space
Isle of Jaws
Meditation in virtual reality (comedy)
The JFK assassination
In the presence of animals
We are currently seeking fun and innovative brands to join us for the next festival and beyond.
Join our mailing list