It’s time to introduce to you our incredibly talented judging panel. First up we have SF3 favourite, Alan Nurthen, who has been with us since the beginning.
1. What is the first gig you ever did?
– The first gig I ever did as a director-editor was a promo for Tracks magazine.
2. What are you working on at the moment?
– Currently working on a 13 x 30 minute online series The Devil’s Diner.
3. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
– I draw my inspiration from life and from my imagination.
4. What do you like to do when you’re not working?
– When not working I enjoy hanging with family, my grandkids, my pets and my friends. I also love listening to and playing music. Reading and the beach.
5. What are some memorable moments from your career?
– Training 1,000’s of kids, teens and adults and giving them confidence and self-esteem along with the skills they can use in any career they choose. Training well known actors is great but it’s more satisfying to see a person with bad social skills become a confident and productive member of society.
6. What’s your favourite movie and why?
– My favourite film is a tie. Fitzcarraldo as a sprawling adventure film which embraces the power of art and positive thinking. Mulholland Drive which is one of the few films I would call a work of art.