1. The entire film must be shot on a smartphone or tablet, or a 360 camera for SF360.
2. Films must be no longer than 6 minutes 30 seconds including titles and credits.
3. You can use any software to edit video and audio.
4. You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
5. The only other pieces of external filming equipment allowed to be used during the shoot are lenses, external sound equipment, microphones, lighting equipment, tripods and other devices to hold the phone and/or tablet.
6. You cannot use copyright material unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer or record label.
7. You may also be required to provide Actor Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in your film.
8. Foreign films are welcome in any language, but you are required to add the subtitles in English.
9. The festival is open to filmmakers of ALL ages.
10. Submission deadline is 11:59pm (AEST), August 1, 2017.
11. Contestants must agree to their film being uploaded to the SF3 website and shown online and on the SF3 Youtube channel at the festival organiser’s discretion, unless stated otherwise.
12. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
13. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. If your film is selected as a finalist for our SF3 Top Ten Smartphone Film Gala, then you will be required to submit 30 seconds of RAW footage as proof that you shot your film on a smartphone or tablet. Your film must also be submitted in 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend an MP4 or Quicktime file, 1920x1080 in size, with a constant frame rate and Stereo 48kHz Sound so it will look good on the big cinema screen.
15. Your film can have screened in other film festivals, just as long as you have never entered it into SF3 (unless approved by festival directors at their discretion).
16. The cost of entry to SF3 2017 is $20 standard fee and $15 student fee. You can pay via credit card or paypal. If you need another payment method or are having trouble with payment please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org